Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's a good thing Jesus never said this would be easy.

There's also a saying, be careful what you wish for. How many people have prayed for God to give them patience only to be put in situations where their patience is tried? I've been praying for God to re-excite my heart for Him and His Word. I still mean it, even after realizing what I've asked for. I've asked for joy, and trying times. For feeling loved, and feeling convicted. Complacency in your faith is a dangerous thing. You start to believe that everything is okay, and nothing (including yourself) needs work. Then God grants your prayer of bringing a fire for truth in your heart, and you see yourself, and the world for what it is. Broken. And with seeing all this, there is now a desire to move forward and have him work on your heart, and your relationships, and the world. And it's not going to be easy or pain-free, but it's something that needs to be done. So here goes. My heart must be broken to be built up even stronger. It's going to hurt, but I'm glad I have God on my side throughout it. "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment