And of course, who can go without finally seeing a picture of the front of our house:) We're going to take one this weekend of the family (Blair, me and the pups) in front of it now that we are borrowing a tripod from the school. The first picture is my birthday dessert:) Super easy and super yummy if you want the recipe!
We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. - 1 Thessalonians 2:8
Friday, June 5, 2009
The Clinic
I took this from an email I sent to a friend, then realized, this was something I want everyone to know about, because it's that wonderful. To keep you updated on what I'm up to (besides getting ready for the trip and getting settled in our house-still weird to say, hasn't completely hit that it's our house), I've started volunteering as a nurse at CCA (Christian Community Action)'s adult health clinic. It's really awesome. We serve people without medical insurance and give them all they need for about $20-30 a visit. It's been really cool to see the hope that we can give to people who some have never seen a doctor in their life, and some have really bad chronic diseases. All the staff is really fun (like our group (My Nav group in CO, and actually everyone I hang out with) is), but really serious about glorifying the Lord through all we do. There are a bunch of volunteers helping out, and some staff members and it's great to see how everyone appreciates what the other does (because we do!). They completely took me in, and are always super excited to have me around, and oddly, the director of the clinic is a retired Army nurse:) I can't seem to get away from the military! God's really blessed me through this volunteer opportunity and it's something I plan on doing even after I come back from Africa and start school in the fall.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lauren,
ReplyDelete'Glad to hear you are enjoying your current nursing experience. I'm certain those patients are appreciative of your "giving and caring!"
The dessert looks yummy too. Can you make another one for me and stick it in the mail? You know how much I love working in the kitchen..:)