Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Painting






I was a busy little bee this weekend painting two rooms. Not sure if I'll get to any more before Africa this weekend. I still need to pick out most of the paint colors!

Starting to get a little nervous about Namibia, mostly because I don't really know what we'll be doing (still). I hope a lot of that will be laid out this weekend in D.C. I leave about 11pm Sunday night with a layover in London and Johannesburg before finally arriving in Windhoek about 10am (local time, 7hrs ahead of us in Central Time) Jun 30th. I'll be back in the States about 3pm on August 5th and into Dallas about 9pm that same day. It's going to be an adventure that's for sure. I hope I've gotten everything I'll need packed!
My "last" day of "work" was yesterday. I really have been blessed to be around them for the past month. That group of ladies has been really great as spiritual encouragement. I was sent off in hugs and prayer, with the full expectation that I'll return at least for a couple days a month when I get back:)
I'm off for now. I'll probably post at least one more time before I actually leave the States. I won't be taking my computer with me, but will have my iPod (which can connect wirelessly), so no guarantees that I'll be posting often, but I'll try to post something when I can. And I do have a journaling notebook I'm taking, so if I can't post, be prepared for the longest post you've ever read when I get back....

1 comment:

  1. Be careful up there on the fridge, Lauren! Don't slip! The aqua looks great in the living room, Granza and Grandpa agreed. Nice color choices. Our real question though is, if you are doing the painting, and Blair is taking the picture...who has both eyes on Leeloo?

    ReplyDelete