We are at an internet cafe here in Windhoek and I was hoping to be able to get on wireless to download things to my iPod, but their wireless isn't working well, so I overestimated how much time I'd need and have time to actually blog!
We spent the morning doing campus ministry, aka evangelizing to random people on Polytechnic of Namibia's campus. Not my strong suit, or my buddy Vanessa's. We had a hard time initiating conversation with people, but did get contact info for 7 girls we're going to follow-up with tomorrow. One girl was really excited about learning about God, asked for my Bible (I have little New Testaments I carry with me to hand out, so I gave her one) and wanted my number so we can talk tomorrow. She's not a believer, but was really intrigued by how I was 100% certain I was going to heaven when she's worried she's probably going to hell. So we're going to meet tomorrow and talk more. Another girl believes in God, but doesn't get why there's so much evil in the world and isn't getting the concept of a personal relationship with Jesus, so Vanessa and I are going to prep tonight to try and get her some answers to some questions. I'm hoping we can work on developing relationships with the girls we met today so I don't have to go introduce myself to strangers too much anymore:)
Since Blair's last posted, I've been in Tsumeb, then to Etosha Wildlife park where we took a day of "vacation" and saw the animals. I got some great pictures of giraffes and zebras I'll post once home.
Hi Lauren,
ReplyDeleteI just got back from the U.P. where I was visiting my parents. Ended up staying for 3 weeks. I can relate to the internet issues and slow speeds you're dealing with in Africa. In fact Africa and the U.P. have some of the same challenges! But I've read all that you've written and are very interested in your journey. Thank you SO much for taking the time to communicate!
Will keep you and the others in our prayers as you journey forth! You go girl!!!
Love,
Jane and Dusty