Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another day in Africa

I realized I've written a lot about what we've done and not a lot about Namibia itself. We actually have relatively few Namibians on the team. Of our Africans three are from Namibia, 4 are from Zambia, one is from Zimbabwe, and one from Kenya. They like meat. We tell the kids there are people in the US who are vegetarians and they think we're crazy. The schools the kids have to pay to go. The desparity is pretty obvious in some places. We've been blessed and have had nice accomodations so far. I think I've only had two cold showers still and have only a couple days I haven't showered and that was more because of choice:) I feel like I don't notice if I don't shower as much since not everyone here gets one everyday. Poor you (Blair) when I get back and I smell:) We're still teaching in schools some with our last day here being Monday. Hard to believe we leave Tuesday.

Still not coming home yet. I definitely miss [Blair] and the fur faces although there are new puppies (maybe 3 weeks) at the orphanage. I named one Gizmo, but told the kids they can change the name if they want. The people here are friendlier for the most part although I think all the kids want to say hi either because they saw us at their school or haven't really seen many white people. I think that's it for now. I'm trying to not repeat what I write and what I journal so I'll probably be printing out my emails as a supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment