We get really a really slow and weak wireless connection at the Bible school where we eat lunch so I'm pretyping because of that and because I don't want to spend all my time there on my iPod being antisocial. Ah so much to tell you, I don't know where to start. We've been doing a lot of assemblies at the schools and have been teaching classes a good amount too. I think I've done four so far and have a full day of teaching tomorrow. We're mostly at Primary schools which can be anywhere from k-7. So far the youngest we've taught is 5th grade. We focus more about the gospel and family structure and relationships in general than teaching them about sexual abstinence. It's less awkward for everyone that way. One of the schools we were there during what would be their recess and we all spread out to chat with the kids. I bent down to talk with some 6 year olds and ended up getting mobbed by about 30 little kids. They all were wanting to touch the white girls hair and skin. Chippo, one of the girls came and saved me.
So I'm ok. Just had my hair pulled a lot and my personal space highly invaded. We've been getting really close to the kids at the orphanage. Don't know if i've told you but we know that one of the girls was orphaned then raped by 4 guys and given HIV. We think it might be the girl who we've been getting really close to. Her name's Gurona (at least that's how you pronounce it). I asked her how to spell it and it was "g" click "r" something. So I couldn't actually spell it out. She's so sweet though and I absolutely love her. The girls braided half my head of hair yesterday. It came out during my shower so I'm gonna ask them to redo it today. That's it for now. We're headed out to show the Jesus film to the kids at the orphanage.
No comments:
Post a Comment